Oticon Hearing Aids
Oticon is a Danish hearing aid manufacturer who is owned by William Demant, a huge multi national corporation. Their UK head office is in Scotland and they offer outstanding hearing devices
Their latest range has exceptionally well received by both professionals and users alike.
Oticon’s Latest Most Advanced Premium Solution
Oticon have just introduced a new ground breaking hearing device range. They are so small they are practically invisible and come in a range of shades and bright colours. The internet-enabled Oticon Opn comes with a number of additional features because it can connect to devices via the internet and Bluetooth. The hearing aids will connect directly to your Smartphone so you can make phone calls and listen to music without any intermediate streaming device. They are also water resistant to 1m.
The devices can be connected to any device that has a Bluetooth connection. This means that the hearing aids can also be connected to things like doorbells, appliances, or even baby monitors. Then when the doorbell rings, for example, the person gets a small ‘ring’ in their ear to let them know.
Open Up A Closed World
Less listening effort – reducing the load on the brain in noisy environments
More capacity to remember – freeing up mental resources, enabling the user to recall more in noisy environments
Better speech understanding – even in the most noisy environments, without suppressing surrounding sounds through narrow directionality
One open sound experience
Three levels of BrainHearing™ support
BrainHearing™ support is delivered by a unique combination of technologies working together to reduce listening effort and provide the brain with better conditions to perform in. The Oticon Opn range has now been expanded into three levels of technology, Level 1 which is top of the range, level 2 and level 3.
All three members of the Oticon Opn™ family provide the open sound experience that is proving so popular. However, each model gives the brain a different level of assistance – a different level of BrainHearing™ support. Oticon have not stopped at that though, they have also expanded the fitting range of the Opn devices and they can now fit even profound hearing losses.
This is the premium hearing aid in Oticon’s range which uses their new Velox Sense processing chip. This range is a completely new way of processing sound and is suitable for more demanding listening environments.
Oticon Opn is available in a compact, newly designed miniRITE that sits discreetly on the ear. Oticon Opn offers a wealth of new features and functionalities all incorporated in a sleek and modern 312 battery-based design. The Opn is available in a range of colours.
Oticon Opn Mini RITE: wireless slimline ‘Mini-Receiver-In-Ear (miniRITE)’ hearing aid using a 312 battery
Oticon On App
The Oticon ON app lets you adjust volume, switch programs and check the battery level. The app also offers convenient ‘find my hearing aid’ search feature, counseling advice and links to user instructions. The app is also where the connection to the IFTTT network happens.
A World of Possibilities
Oticon Opn is the world’s first hearing aid that connects to the internet via the If This Then That network (IFTTT.com)
If you want your lights to turn on automatically when you switch your hearing aids on or want to be notified by your hearing aids that someone is at your door then these are a few of the limitless possiblities available using ifttt. Oticon have introduced their own recipes that can be easily downloaded, however, it is easy to make new recipes for action.
The Oticon Opn seems to have really caught the imagination of both professionals and users alike. It is a particularly popular aid and the feedback from users is excellent. It seems that the Opn may be a real winner for Oticon.
- Acoustic notifications Provides notifications and warnings to assist and support confidence in daily use, e.g., start-up jingle, low battery warnings, etc.
- Adaptation Management Adapts in 3 steps for gradual user acclimatization to a new hearing aid
- App & Remote Control Discreetly adjusts volume, switches between programs or controls connectivity sources with Remote Control 3.0 or the Oticon ON App
- AutoPhone Automatically activates a phone program in the hearing aid for telephones with a dedicated magnet
- Bass Boost Controls compensation for bass leakage in open fittings when streaming audio
- Binaural Coordination Coordinates program and volume settings between the two hearing aids
- Binaural Processing Continuous data exchange between two hearing aids about the sound level at each ear to better maintain the difference in input between the ears
- Clear Dynamics Expands the dynamic input range, processing sounds up to 113dB SPL, to preserve sound quality even at loud input levels
- Data Logging Logs volume control usage, program usage and total use time
- Feedback Analyzer Analyzes the risk of feedback with the prescribed gain and chosen acoustics in Genie 2
- Feedback shield LX Employs an ultra-fast and effective feedback management system that prevents feedback without compromising sound quality or audibility
- Fitting Channels 16 fitting bands for a precise fit and more fine-tuning options for client fittings
- Fitting Formulas Include VAC+, NAL-NL1, NAL-NL2
- Made for iPhone® Indicates compatibility. ‘Made for iPhone’ means that the hearing aid and accessories have been designed to connect to iPhone, and have been certified by the developer to meet Apple™ performance standards.
- Multiple Directionality Options Enables conventional directionality settings in addition to OpenSound NavigatorTM transition settings
- NFMI Near-Field Magnetic Induction – Improves speed of communication and bandwidth between two hearing aids with very low power consumption
- OpenSound NavigatorTM Provides listening support by continuously analyzing the environment, balancing sound sources so focus sound is clear and competing sounds are not too disturbing. Finally, it attenuates remaining noise to provide a more accessible sound environment.
- Oticon Firmware Updater Enables you to update VeloxTM-based hearing aids and connectivity solutions, adding new and improved features quickly in your office.
- Phone Program Optimizes hearing aid for telephone conversations using the hearing aid microphone
- Processing Channels Data is analyzed and processed in 64 channels, 100 times per second
- REM AutoFit Enables more personalized fittings by taking individual ear acoustics into consideration
- Soft Speech Booster LX Applies an individual amount of soft gain to increase soft speech understanding
- Binaural Noise Management Optimizes listening in asymmetrical, noisy situations
- Spatial SoundTM LX Uses binaural compression to provide precise spatial awareness that helps users identify where sounds are coming from
- Speech GuardTM LX Preserves the dynamics of speech by combining the benefits of linear and non-linear compression Page 17 Stereo Streaming Streams audio input in stereo
- Transient Noise Management Protects against sudden loud sounds with fast recovery to preserve audibility; offers four different levels for fine tuning, including ‘off’
- TwinLinkTM Combines two distinct radio technologies in an innovative wireless communication system; features one technology to support seamless, energy-efficient binaural communication between two hearing aids (NFMI) and one to support communication with external electronic and digital devices (2.4 GHz)
- Wind Noise Management Protects against the discomfort of wind noise
- YouMaticTM LX Accommodates personal listening preferences and sound perceptions in the prescription of gain and automatics