Serenade, An Excellent Option For Relief From Tinnitus
Tinnitus is a condition in which a person perceives sound that is not actually present in the environment. It is often described as “ringing in the ears” but can include virtually any type of sound including whooshing, hissing, or whistling. There are many possible causes for the condition but most cases are related to damage to the auditory system.
We are now offering Serenade®.
A new sound therapy for the relief of tinnitus
As part of our tinnitus relief services, we are now offering the Serenade system for sound therapy. The Serenade® system consists of a handheld device, earphones, and proprietary treatment sounds that research has suggested may address the underlying neurological cause of the condition. This novel technology is simple to use and customised specifically to your tinnitus. It may be used to seek immediate relief, as well as long-term benefit when used as part of an ongoing tinnitus treatment program. After an audiologist evaluates your tinnitus, your Serenade® device is programmed to play the sounds most likely to be effective for you.
Features of Serenade®
- Unlike other approaches, this treatment is customised to your specific tinnitus
- Includes 4 separate sound tracks so you can select the one that works best for you, day or night
- New treatment sounds known as S‐Tones® were developed by independent leading university hearing experts and only recently commercialised
- This technology is based on advanced research and solid science, and is FDA cleared
- The device is small, portable, and easy to use
- Includes SleepAssist – a 60 minute, auto‐off timer to help you fall asleep
- Independent left and right volume controls offer maximum flexibility, comfort and customisation
Did you know?
- 1 in 10 adults in UK suffer from tinnitus
- Many patients are not offered treatment and are told to just live with it
- The condition can almost always be treated and its symptoms improved